2006-09-09

First post - current misson brief

This is the first post. I don't have any ready tip yet, but I'll post my "current mission":

I'm trying to understand how to add a new language to NetBeans. I want everything Java Editor has: Code Completion, Code Folding, etc. In theory, it's simple: I just need to add editor support and create a metamodel to feed other subsystems.

The first part is well explained on NetBeans Platform web site (actually, it's incredibly simple to add syntax highlight), but there aren't good docs about how the "Java Language Model" works on NB.

And now my problem: I've created a metadata repository using NetBeans' MDR stuff, but I simply do not know how to populate the repository using source files (and how to create source files from the repository).

No comments: